Smoking toothpicks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never heard anything like this but it sure won't hurt to try. If it helps you that's all that matters.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Have not heard of this , But if it helps than you might as well try.

Most times I always have one shoved in my mouth. I think you
have a good idea. They have cinnamon flavoured ones.
SO someone bring on the Bacon flavoured ones and I'm all in. :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: 🥓🥓

. quit cold turkey. After about 30 years of smoking
Mona did the same about 20 years ago after smoking all her young life

David

I went cold turkey also ........... three times in the 1990's. The third time was the charm.

Everytime you beat down a craving, the craving gets weaker and you get stronger.

And the cravings do not last forever. They get weaker and weaker over time. The discomfort eases.

My last cigarette was on August 31, 1998 at 9 am in the morning and after a few years, I could not stand the smell of cig smoke, even outdoors. Won't go anywhere now that smoking is allowed.

My biggest mistake the first two times I quit, is after six months to a year I thought I could be a " social smoker ". I thought I could smoke one or two, here and there, and not get the addiction back. That doesn't work.

Yeah me either???

If you stopped smoking why would you want to chew on toothpicks permeated with smoke?

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
Do whatever it takes to quit. It took me having a stroke. Had my last cigarette 3/5/21 right before my wife took me to the ER.
I did ok till July 4! I just had to smoke. So I went and bought a pitboss 1150 and cleaned up my NB offset along with my bullet smoker. Which eventually brought me here.
Only tobacco I've used since has been on bee stings. It took me over 9 months to giveaway the unopened packs I had. I still have the half pack in freezer in garage for bee stings.

I'm with Jim on this, do whatever works for you to quite. Cold turkey, hot turkey whatever. I quit a 3 pack a day habit about 20 years ago. I used the nicotine gum and actually took a smoking cessation coarse at the local hospital. My employer used to pay for it for anyone interested in quitting. The toothpicks as the oral replacement are a great idea. While smoking is a nicotine addiction to large degree there's also the habit of the oral and having something I the hand. Replacing those pieces helps. I think putting toothpicks in the smoker would work just fine

Reactions: Smokin Okie
there's also the habit of the oral and having something I the hand.
Never did get hooked on smoking . Drinking , now that's another thing . You're right . A huge part of both is having something in hand .
I started drinking water to replace the beer , and before long I was looking for a glass of water instead . Lost a few pounds , but my water bill went up 25%

I'm with Jim on this, do whatever works for you to quite. Cold turkey, hot turkey whatever. I quit a 3 pack a day habit about 20 years ago. I used the nicotine gum and actually took a smoking cessation coarse at the local hospital. My employer used to pay for it for anyone interested in quitting. The toothpicks as the oral replacement are a great idea. While smoking is a nicotine addiction to large degree there's also the habit of the oral and having something I the hand. Replacing those pieces helps. I think putting toothpicks in the smoker would work just fine
Holy crap Jeff 3 packs a day? I am not sure how you got any work done. If you were in NYC today @$16 per pack that would be $17520/year. I am glad you stopped and started making hot sauces...

Holy crap Jeff 3 packs a day? I am not sure how you got any work done. If you were in NYC today @$16 per pack that would be $17520/year. I am glad you stopped and started making hot sauces...
Oh I get it. I don't know how folks afford to smoke now!!

Quit 21 years ago this November. Doc prescribed Wellbutrin,smoked on it for two weeks and woke up on day 15 and never smoked another cigarette again.

3/24/2011 was the end for me . Chantix, chewed on a lot of straws and occasional Nicorette gum. Price got ridiculous and figured 30+ yrs was enough. Still enjoy the spell of a lit cigarette outdoors. Smoke smell on clothes is a horrible stench though.

3/24/2011 was the end for me . Chantix, chewed on a lot of straws and occasional Nicorette gum. Price got ridiculous and figured 30+ yrs was enough. Still enjoy the spell of a lit cigarette outdoors. Smoke smell on clothes is a horrible stench though.
Smells like an ash tray.

I can't believe I smelled that bad for so long.

And I worked in an office, I can't believe I subjected others to my cig smoke.

Smells like an ash tray.

I can't believe I smelled that bad for so long.

And I worked in an office, I can't believe I subjected others to my cig smoke.
I guess I'm never going to any SMF gatherings.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky