Smoking Tilapia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
   Today is the first time for me to try my hand a smoking Tilapia. I made a brine with brown sugar, kosher salt, some garlic powder and some onion powder. Then mixed it all in apple juice. I let the fish soak for a couple hours and then put in on my Lil Tex at the smoke setting. Things appear to be coming along nicely. It is 80 degrees today and on smoke I am setting right at 150 degrees. When she hits 155 degrees IT, I will take it off. I am guessing 3 to 4 hours tops.

If anyone has ideas on smoking Tilapia, I would love to hear it. I checked out a few you tube videos and decided to give it a try.

Thanks everyone...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky