Smoking my first fattie tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My first fattie is ready to roll. I kept it simple..just cheese. I used all turkey. 1 lb of ground Turkey and Turkey Bacon. I am also smoking some Turkey legs. My question is..should I use a mop on the fattie and Turkey legs. If so, what would be a good mop recipe for both? Any advice is appreciated. Q view will follow..

950ef39f_IMG_0189.jpg

here is a fattie i did i used my pork rub on it and it turned out great....

I used Jeff's fattie recipe with his Rub. I did the fattie with the website instructions except used all Turkey(the wife does not like pork) I just wonder if I should use a Mop? If so, what would be a good one for both Turkey legs and my Turkey fattie? I can't wait to smoke this thing!

Just spray it w/ some apple juice . you can also spray the turkey legs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky