Smoking Meat Forums Recipe Collection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeffinn

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2015
Hi All!
Back in 2016 I assembled a wide variety of recipes from the folks here in this forum and created a recipe collection to be used by the forum members. The last version of this was done in June of 2016 and contained about 325 recipes.
At some point other things took the priority in my life and so I took a long hiatus from the group.
Recently I've found myself with some free time on my hands (second year of retirement). A few folks had asked for the recipe file (it was no longer available in the forum). I had to scrounge around in some of my data backups to find the files but I was able to re-create the recipe collection and it has been re-posted for any and all to use and download (It's over in the Links to Free Recipes section).
I'm looking for new recipes to add to the collection in hopes of possibly making it even better than it currently is (maybe create a second edition?).
If you have some recipes that you'd be willing to share for the collection please let me know.
A few things to keep in mind:
  • The recipe collection is free to anyone who wants it.
  • I do all of the work myself (collecting the recipes, formatting and adding to the collection and publishing the collection for the group).
  • My only role in the collection is to gather, organize and format the recipes in a way that makes them more accessible/useable to everyone here.
  • Recipe inclusion in the collection is voluntary and the original poster is credited (usually by screen name) in the recipe.
  • There is no ulterior motive in my doing this. I'm not gathering recipes and assembling them for sale and I have no financial interest in the collection whatsoever. Its my small contribution to the group for all of the things that I've gotten from everyone here.
Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns!
Thanks.
Jeff

Yes, any recipes that would be posted in this forum. I should have clarified a bit, I just need permission from the original poster of the recipe to use it in the collection. I'll find it in the forum and add it to the collection along with any images used in the recipe(s).
Hope this helps!
Jeff

Thanks Holly. I came up the ranks to become a Chef working with some great Pro Chefs. My mentor, a 60 year old German LADY Chef. In her time women in a pro kitchen was nearly unheard of in Europe. Chef Anne shared every recipe she made with me, the only payment she demanded was I pass on what I learn the rest of my career...JJ

Yes, any recipes that would be posted in this forum. I should have clarified a bit, I just need permission from the original poster of the recipe to use it in the collection. I'll find it in the forum and add it to the collection along with any images used in the recipe(s).
Hope this helps!
Jeff

You have permission to use/repost anything I have shared here on Smoking Meat Forums, Jeff.
(Or anywhere on the Internet, for that matter.)
Please feel free to browse through the pages here and to include anything, or nothing, of what you find there. Your Freedom of Choice.
I would feel honored if you felt something worthy.

Back before Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet, I came to the decision that any intellectual property I shared was meant to remain Free in the hopes it might, in any small way, help someone else.
I sell nothing, I give away anything I share. It is my belief that was the intent of the Internet, to provide ideas and to help others. That essence I still believe in today. ;)o_O

I beam with pride every time one of you recommend one of my recipes to a Newbie...JJ

You have permission to use/repost anything I have shared here on Smoking Meat Forums, Jeff.
(Or anywhere on the Internet, for that matter.)
Please feel free to browse through the pages here and to include anything, or nothing, of what you find there. Your Freedom of Choice.
I would feel honored if you felt something worthy.

Back before Al Gore claimed he invented the Internet, I came to the decision that any intellectual property I shared was meant to remain Free in the hopes it might, in any small way, help someone else.
I sell nothing, I give away anything I share. It is my belief that was the intent of the Internet, to provide ideas and to help others. That essence I still believe in today. ;)o_O

Thanks SonnyE, I appreciate it!

I’m already adding some new recipes based on the feedback Ive received in this thread! Thanks to all of you who offered to let me use your recipes in this project.
At some point Ill probably break this out into two volumes (maybe recipes up through 2016 and recipes from 2018 forward). But for now I’ll keep it all in one volume.
Hoping to add 30 new recipes for the November 2018 release! I’ll post it up when it’s ready!
Thanks again everyone!

This is awesome your doing this and people offering recipes.

If I have anything out there suitable feel free to use it.

Chris

Can you take a .pdf file? I've scanned some old pages of recipes because that's the only way they can get off the bookshelf and out on line.

I have a lot of recipes in various formats. Would you consider adding a section about methods?

I can take a PDF or most formats. For alot of formats I can cut and paste into the recipe program that I use and then do some basic cleanup, add photos etc. For other formats I enter the recipes in by hand.
And yes, I can add a section methods if it looks like something that might be of use to the group.
Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky