Smoking in the Northwoods From Wisconsin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papajohn77

Original poster
Nov 9, 2016
Hello everyone! I was perusing online when I came about this website and I couldn't think of a reason not to join. My birthday was September 18th and I couldn't think of what to get, so i decided on a smoker. I received a MasterBuilt 30in 2 door propane gas smoker and it was the best decision I've ever made. I love the thing. I actually got it like mid October and i've gone back home every weekend from college just to smoke food. Sorry I got off track, Im from Wisconsin and go to school in Green bay. Theres nothing like waking up early Saturday and smoking a pork but for 10 hours while having a couple of Kessler and cokes. But I first started out with ribs. Excellent. Made some sweet baby rays BBQ with a simple lowrys rub. Then used a vanilla glaze and sweet rub from a cookbook i purchased. Then made two whole chicken injected with butter garlic and apple juice. Made more ribs. Ive made tons of wings, pound of bacon. Kielbasa. and this past weekend I made two 8 lb pork butts for tailgating the packer game this past Sunday and it turned out great. one was a carolina cumin based rub and another was a injected Dr pepper marinated one. WOW. Smoking is so nice and relaxing and its really nice considering I just had ACl and meniscus repair surgery so I can't really move often. Just want to say hi I i look forward to learning even more!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky