Smoking in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckg5

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Fort Worth Texas
Hello everyone from Fort Worth Tx. My wonderful wife bought me a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker for Christmas. I am a smoking rookie but my first attempt at smoking some cornish game hens turned out really well and both me and my wife are hooked. I am a avid bird hunter (ducks,dove) and fisherman and would love to find some recipes for smoking game. Happy New Year!

Howdy Buck!  Happy to see another FTW guy join the group!  The MES is a great smoker! Use the search button and type "duck"  ….hundreds of recipes and pictures of smokes. 

Welcome again.

Brian

Howdeee Howdee

We read you post so we know you are from near Tarrant County but in future posts others won't be so lucky and I will never remember. LOL youll understand someday. If you would take a min and click the profile icon on the above tool bar. Let us know where you lay your head at night, a geographic region helps others make more intelligent suggestions when helping or in a discussion. I know we'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Its a pleasure meeting you and look forward to loads of smoking hot pictures... no not that kind of pictures...FOOD! LOL

I also suggest you find a dedicated notebook, legal pad, file, or flash drive and keep records or what you do and why because you are going to do something by accident that you love, you'll know you'll remember what you did, but 6 months later when you get back to it, well you've sleep since then. Here are some food for thought.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/attachments/3

No matter what else you can't stress while smoking, I think its like an international law or something. Have fun, relax and enjoy the smoke!  

Last edited:
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   Congrats on the new smoker
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky