• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking in SE Arizona

justmattb

SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 16, 2018
Hello from way down/over in Benson, AZ! Anyone else feel like BBQ is not represented enough here in the Southwest? Been looking around at the competition stuff in Arizona and it is definitely slim pickins - especially if you're not in the greater Phoenix area.

desertlites

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 6, 2007
hello from a few miles down the highway in Whetstone. They have small local comps around here now and than, Tombstone and SV I have read about. Good to see another member close by.

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Hello from way down/over in Benson, AZ!
hello from a few miles down the highway in Whetstone
Y'all best watch out. There's a couple folks in AZ that go by the moniker of Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ and sawhorseray sawhorseray that are total BBQ outlaws and are turning out some amazing food. They will get you in a world of trouble....but in a really, really good way :emoji_laughing: They are also really good online friends of mine, but you still gotta watch out because I'm known to be a bit of an outlaw also :emoji_wink:

Warning shots fired,
Robert

sawhorseray

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Both my smokers are too heavy for me to get into the back of my truck, guess the only "competition" I get involved in will have to take place in my backyard. RAY

Smokin' in AZ

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 13, 2019
Y'all best watch out. There's a couple folks in AZ that go by the moniker of Smokin' in AZ Smokin' in AZ and sawhorseray sawhorseray that are total BBQ outlaws and are turning out some amazing food. They will get you in a world of trouble....but in a really, really good way :emoji_laughing: They are also really good online friends of mine, but you still gotta watch out because I'm known to be a bit of an outlaw also :emoji_wink:

Warning shots fired,
Robert
Hey fellow Arizonans! I don't do competitions either.

John

justmattb

SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 16, 2018
There is a newish group that has at least a couple of events a year:

I'm really just looking for more backyard/informal type stuff that gets folks together and learning from one another. But... either way, I'll keep on grilling down here in SE AZ! Thanks everybody!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks