Smoking in Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harperlc

Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Ontario Canada
Hi all, my name is Chris and I am from Mallorytown Ontario Canada along the St.Lawrence River. I spend as much time as possible fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass. I started smoking meat just after trying my hand at jerky in the oven with High Mountain. My wife wasn't too keen on me using "her" new oven so she got me an electric smoker as an Xmas gift. I use it in the garage where I can add the smoke the previous jerky was missing. Now I make my own seasoning and have a different cure. I have also acquired an ECB (which I modified) and a Charbroil offset. These have replaced my old propane BBQ with wood and charcoal (totally worth it!) That Lil ECB has turned out some great food and now I plan to do the mods to my offset to get a truly consistent heat profile in the smoke chamber. I look forward to some great conversation and even greater vittles! Nice to meet y'all!

Hello Chris and welcome to the fun.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Chris
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Welcome to the group Chris! You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc. There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome from a fellow Canadian, Chris.

This is a great forum with many kind members and lots of good information. I only started smoking last year and have had so much help from the forum.

I think you will like it here.

Disco

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Not much to post as of yet but I will be glad to share anything I come across. It's going to be more labor intensive as the weather has been dipping below freezing lately so temps can be more of a struggle but possible. Just hope the neighbors don't call the fire dept when they see the smoke rolling from my garage. Had some delicious chicken last night with a hybrid cross between Alabama white sauce and Carolina style sauce. And a 3 lb batch of beef jerky turned out delicious. My QA Technician Jack (2 yo lab) always is eager to help trim, monitor and sample any smoking I do. I will have to upload some pics soon.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   .........  
[/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky