1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking for the superbowl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eppo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. eppo

eppo Meat Mopper

I did my first Pulled pork yesterday and it turned out awesome, it was a 3.5lb already trimmed by the butcher.

for Superbowl, i was going to have some friends over, and maybe get a 5lb'er with bone in, and make some sliders.

what other things do you guys serve at your parties? was thinking wings, do you normally smoke those?

mainly looking for ideas of what to smoke for superbowl. any ideas welcome.

thanks

Joe

2. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

ABTs,meatballs,wings,fatties,ribs,smoked mac&cheese all good eats. just up to you what ya want to cook.

3. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    I don't really care too much about the game...

But it is a great reason to smoke a ton of food.

Wings, ABTs,sausage, and mac and cheese on the menu here.

Also have red beans and rice,PP and some spares frozen and standing by!!

Craig

4. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Definitely wings and ABT's

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now a couple of good fatties goes well with a good ballgame. So maybe Pittsburg won't get their butt whooped.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

ABTs are a must... maybe some Brats...

7. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

I am doing up some fatties, 6 pound butt  and some dirty dogs(bacon rapped around a hot dog). for the Sunday game. You no You love smoking food when your wife says to you what do you want for your birthday and you say a pal lit of kings ford... PLEASE.[​IMG]

8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Just can't beat ABT's.

9. eppo

eppo Meat Mopper

Orderd a pork butt with bone in and some wings for the superbowl.

also got Jeff's recipe for rub and sauce. going to make both, and use the rub on the Butt!

have to look around for recipes for the Brine liquid for the wings. i've heard that you can just use salt and sugar, but not sure what kind of quantities. i'm sure you guys use some other good combos of spices.