Smoking Butt Today, Baby!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wntrlnd

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
out on the western plain
OK, this is it, no putting it off 'til later, I'm stepping up and doing my first butt today.

Just added the briquettes to the firebox.  Got the butt coming to room temp.  Last night I slathered it in mustard and applied Billbo's world famous rub.

On Saturday I mixed up some of Billbo's rub, and yesterday, Sunday,  I made a batch of his sauce. 

My wife was really expecting Q last night because I was in the kitchen all day cooking the sauce.  I purposely made the sauce on a day I wasn't planning on smoking because I knew it would create the expectation.   Even though it was delicious, she was probably a little disappointed when I served grilled teriyaki chicken after smelling that incredible BBQ sauce all day.

The payoff is tonight.  She doesn't know I'm smoking today while she's at work.  She loves pulled pork.

Yesterday, while I was cooking the sauce, I read 12 pages of comments on Meowey's Butt Smoking sticky.  It's so nice to have an idea of how this is all going to go down.  Just knowing about the stall potential and options is incredibly reassuring and a big advantage over anyone trying to figure this all out by themselves through trial and delicious error.

I think I've got all my ducks lined up.  I've got apple juice to sprittz with later on.  Got a Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage to make into a Fattie (that will be another first attempt for me).  Got some japs for ABTs, too.

I'm taking pix all the way, of course.  I'll post the Q view tonight.

Bring on the pics!!!!! 
25cef828_smiley-face-drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky