Smoking Butt and Ribs First Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mj-air23

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Jamestown, North Dakota
Well All,

Upon taking and listening to everyones advice, I have got my first pork butt and ribs smoking as I write. The smell is just looming over the neighborhood....It's great!! So far as I can tell everything looks good. Been spraying with apple juice every half hour or so, and things are looking good! Hope to have pictures for everyone later today when things are done. Thanks everyone for all the tips and tricks!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

The smell is almost as good as the taste!!! Good luck and enjoy.

Hey All!

The butt is wrapped in foil and I am bringing it up to pulling temperature. I put it in the oven since the smoke was done anyway. I have it wrapped and put in a roasting pan with lid on. Should I have it uncovered?? About how long does it take now to get to 200 degrees and how long do I let it rest in cooler? Thanks everyone!
biggrin.gif

Well, MJ, let me say you have made us all proud by jumping right in on the basis of our advice and info.

You do not need to cover your foiled meat. Keep the temp as you would in a smoker...about 230F.

As for how long? The thermometer will tell you! Patience is the secret weapon of the low'n slow!

Keep at it!

Cheers!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky