Smoking briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 27, 2005
Uvalde, TX
Smoking 3 cases of briskets tomorrow. DeeJayDebbie, I wish you were here. Not only can I get all the briskets that you would ever want, but I can get the weight range I desire also. 2 cases will be 9 lbs/ea and under, and 1 case will be 12 lb ers. I broke my digital camera but bought one of those throw aways and will post pics when I can.

One friend wants the small briskets cooked and vac sealed so he can give them to company men he does work for. Another friend and his dad want a case cooked just for their own consumption. I think someone has witnessed Sandy eating a whole brisket that I cooked by himself.

I guess there's just alot more beef in Texas Goat!

There starting t show up again but I suspect with warmer weather comming they'll go faster too.

LOl Shell, I had forgotten about that!!!!
biggrin.gif

Goat, it must be great to have your choice of brisket, size and all, I'm jealous!!

Don't be jealous. I had to pay shipping for a part to my skid loader from your neck of the woods. I see no reason why turn about would not be fair play.

Yeah but how often do you have to order a part for your skid loader vs how often I'm looking to buy briskets!!
biggrin.gif

I hear that Theresa! At $3 a gallon and raising I may go back to just meatloaf, butts and ribs! I've seen some mighty scrany briskets lately - all fat and no meat!

went to costco out here in cali and they finally had some briskets.....but only brisket flats at 4.00/lb.....these briskets are like 4.5 pound briskets....

:(

The reason I got my new GOSM is so I can do the big boys!

$4.00 A POUND
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
. That just tees me off!!!! It takes a good cook to know what there doing to be able to even take a brisket and make it good. For years it was basically a throw away piece of meat and now they have the nerve to charge $4.00 a pound.....that just ain't right!!!
mad.gif

$4 a pound? must be those super trimmed flats. those suck, imho. when i go to the store, if they don't have any nice packers, i get ribs or something else.

I'm with ya Chris. I want to do any cutting thats gonna get done on mine myself!!! Prices are a little high here right now too. $1.47 a pound and they didn't look that great.

The ones I bought for this cooking cost $1.62/lb for the 2 cases of 9 lb & down. The case of big ones, 79.80 lbs case wt. was $1.59/lb. All 3 cases were select grade, but not the real fat packers that you sometimes get in the grocery store. I did not trim any fat off prior to cooking.

The pre-trimmed ones here at Wally World are $4/lb but I was afraid they'd be too lean and I'm to cheap to pay $4/lb. but there just flats - real thin ones
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I'll eat pork first!

If you dig around in the bins, they usually have a mix of select and choice in the packer briskets at Wally World. They buy in bulk and sell in bulk. This week we didn't have any packers at Wal Mart
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky