Smoking B is back - well sort of...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome back and hope for a speedy recovery, but do it right so you dont mess anything up during the rehealing
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey everybody thanks for all the well wishes!
icon_smile.gif
 I'm back again - hopefully for good this time. A good friend of mine loaned me the money to get my internet service turned back on
smile.gif
  I thought I was doing good but my neck swelled up again for some unknown reason & set me way back again
102.gif
  I am moving around good again & finally getting my fine motor skills back. They have me working with clay, picking up raisins with tweezers & putting pegs in & out of a peg board to try & develop them again. I have also started resistance training with real weight instead of just rubber bands. It is on a machine with cables though & not free weights & they won't let me lift very much
no_no.gif
  but I am gaining my strength back slowly - it is very frustrating...  I'm way behind on things & I bug them all the time to let me try & do some kind of work but they flat out refuse. Their excuse is always that if I fall or get my head bumped wrong it could put me back to square one or worse 
words.gif
  Due to my stubborn attitude & will to get back in action I am progressing faster than everyone thought I would
yahoo.gif
 I'm ready to put this whole ordeal behind me so I can move forward again & get back to smoking & having a life. My smoker is mad at me for not being able to use it for so long 
head-wall.gif
  Anyways... I just figured I'd give an update & let everyone know I'm back again - I really missed you folks & this whole place in general
icon_cry.gif
  I'm glad to be back & I hope everyone is doing good! See ya around
smile.gif

Jeremy glad to hear that your therapy is going good and ahead of schedule! Looking forward to seeing you post around here again! Get them doctors to clear you so you can get that smoker fired back up again!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better!

~Martin
Thanks Martin! It's been a struggle but I'm stubborn & persistent 
thumb1.gif

Good news B......   hang in there, and do what the pretty nurses order you to do.....
Thanks Dave! & most of the PT nurses are very nice
smile.gif

Jeremy glad to hear that your therapy is going good and ahead of schedule! Looking forward to seeing you post around here again! Get them doctors to clear you so you can get that smoker fired back up again!
Thanks Case! I'm chomping at the bit to be able to lift & use my grinder too - I'm dying to make some sausage!
th_crybaby2.gif

Wow, I just saw this! That was a close one there Jeremy! Glad to see your on the mend. Prayers for a continued speedy recovery so you can get your life back to normal!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you are mending well. Just a thought, spine injuries are tricky. Positive metal attitude is a great asset when recovering, but stubbornness and pushing too hard can look good today, but cause needless irreversible pain for years to come. Just stay on line with your therapist, that's why they are there so you don't quit nor try to run too fast.

You've got my positive vibes....... Get well, just don't push too hard to get ahead of schedule. Better to finish in the pack than to burn out before the finish line.

Get better soon. Just ask a friend to come help with your weekly ration of smoke. You don't want withdrawal.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you are mending well. Just a thought, spine injuries are tricky. Positive metal attitude is a great asset when recovering, but stubbornness and pushing too hard can look good today, but cause needless irreversible pain for years to come. Just stay on line with your therapist, that's why they are there so you don't quit nor try to run too fast.

You've got my positive vibes....... Get well, just don't push too hard to get ahead of schedule. Better to finish in the pack than to burn out before the finish line.

Get better soon. Just ask a friend to come help with your weekly ration of smoke. You don't want withdrawal.
Thank you Foamheart! 
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky