smoking and the east coast storm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ristau5741

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
Took 2 large pork shoulders out of the deep freeze last Sunday for making BBQ. Had to make room for other stuff, was planning on smoking the meat this Saturday, had not plans for hurricane or tropical storm to come up the coast close to DC.  I hope I can get the smoke in either Saturday or Sunday. I don't want to be smoking with inches of rain and 25mph winds. nor do I want the put it in the oven. Ah well, I suppose I will just have to play it by the weather....

Yea we thought it was coming right over the top of us here, but it looks like it's going to stay north of us.

Haven't even had much rain & really no wind either.

Good luck. I hope it misses you too!

Al

I think I'm in the clear (or at least cloudy)..... for now

Well after thinking we weren't going to get any of the storm, about 1 hour ago we started getting rain & wind.

It has a tail on it & it's dragging it across the state & we are in the middle of it right now.

Good news is I don't think it will last too much longer.

Hope all of you guys have a great holiday weekend & stay dry.

I'm heading for the liquor store as soon as the rain lets up.

Al

Well after thinking we weren't going to get any of the storm, about 1 hour ago we started getting rain & wind.

It has a tail on it & it's dragging it across the state & we are in the middle of it right now.

Good news is I don't think it will last too much longer.

Hope all of you guys have a great holiday weekend & stay dry.

I'm heading for the liquor store as soon as the rain lets up.

Al
We could use some rain up here

Richie

doing a 12lb packer and trying to beat Hermine so I went "hot and fast". 4 hours at 325-350 and I'm at 193 on a good digital wireless therm. What the heck is going on?!

I did my smoking yesterday. If tomorrow is nice I'll grab some cryopack baby backs and try those

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky