Smoking Almonds... Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ncarter84

Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Columbus, O-H-I-O
I'm wanting to do 4 different kinds tomorrow...

I have a Sweet/Spicy Mix, Honey/Bourbon and Sweet... I also just want to do plain ole Smoked Almonds... 

For the plain ones... Do I need to do anything to them other than throw them in a pan and smoke them?

Hopefully this isn't to late in the gate...

Thanks Much!
Nick

While those look great... 

I'm just looking for a straight smoked almond... No spice, no nothing.. Just smoke!

I'm thinking about trying to my hand at making some smoked almond butter..... ;)

A friend of mine made these from the thread below and they were really really good! They were from Todd Johnson and I'm going to to make some around Christmas.

I've made straight smoked almonds!

I use 2 TBS of EVOO, 2TBS of sea salt with 4 lbs of almonds. Let em sit for few hours then smoke for about ~3 hours @ 225*F. I spread 'em out pretty thin on the trays (18" x 24") and stir 'em every 1/2 hour. I also use bacon flavored or Hickory salt (in lieu of sea salt) to enhance the smokiness, YMMV!

Good Luck and Happy Smokin'

~Brett

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky