Smokin-It thoughts for sausage/snack sticks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wesir

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 28, 2014
Greenwood, IN
Saw a few threads mentioning Smokin-It smokers and was wondering how they are for low temp smoking like sausage/snack sticks/bacon. I have a MES40 that I upgraded with an Auber PID controller and circulation and it works pretty well but I'd like the option to be able to hang more than 15lb without it feeling cramped. I was looking around and saw some mention of airflow being an issue, does it have issues drying the casings?

Not sure but bumping your thread so maybe you can get some answers.

Ryan

Glad it got a bump...

If your handy with tools... A simple smokehouse built with plywood can be easily made ... Since you already have a PID Controller.. half the battle is already won ... Then you can make it the size you want...

Glad it got a bump...

If your handy with tools... A simple smokehouse built with plywood can be easily made ... Since you already have a PID Controller.. half the battle is already won ... Then you can make it the size you want...

Buddy has a welder so would probably try to do something like what this guy made, would cost more but got a feeling the wood would get pretty nasty over time as grease soaks in unless you have metal interior walls or something.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky