Smoker went out overnight...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jconnealy

Original poster
Jun 6, 2021
I was smoking a brisket overnight last night and the temp seemed to be holding steady at 250 in the smoker so I went to bed around 11:45pm. I woke up this morning at about 6:30 to go check on it and the smoker was out and the internal temp of my brisket was reading 140, probably not safe to try to salvage it, right? Any timely advice is appreciated! Thanks!

agree with everyone carry on, but i would get yourself some thermometers with a low-high alarm if you leave your smoker unattended for long periods. as most of us have found anything thing can happen when smoking. welcome to smf

Thanks everyone! Almost right after I posted this I found an awesome thread that gave me confidence that I should keep going.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky