Smoker Turned Off Cooking Pork Shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ampinz

Original poster
Jan 1, 2023
Hi folks, new here!

I had a pprk shoulder going into the 10th hour. Went back inside to wait out thr last couple hours. Smoker was at 250 and pprk temp was 183 when I last saw it. I went outside when time was up and found smoker had an error, fixed the error, fired it back up to finish to temp goal of at least 195/200. I am in MN, 26 degrees out. Pork was at 136 when I restarted it, grill was at 30 so it had been off a while I assume at least 30 to 60 minutes. Oven on the fritz so not able to use that option.

Thanks for your help!

Happy to hear you were able to get the smoker fired back up. If you're asking if the shoulder is still safe to eat. It's fine to finish and eat. Sucks about the oven also.

Chris

As Chris said it's safe to eat and good luck with getting it finished. Personally at 26 I'd be wrapping it in foil and hoping that oven would finish it.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
hi and welcome from Minnesota also! all good advice given above! let us know how it goes for you. and as mentioned, look into getting a thermometer that will send you updates on your smokers temp and the meat as well. it should also have alarms you can sent to give you a heads up on problems like these.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Bummer, but glad to hear you got it fixed and running. Having a wireless thermometer that can alert you on the phone when temps start to fall would be a good idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky