Smoker Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bison

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Minnesota
Tomorrow will be my first time smoking beef jerky in my electric smoker.  I'm using the Hi Mountain jerky seasoning and cure.  The instructions say to smoke at 200 degrees.  That seems a little high to me.  I will also be using my AMNPS with hickory pellets.  Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

I just finished a batch of Jerky, I did 5 lbs in my masterbuilt electric smoker i cook at 160 for 6 hrs.I agree 200 is too high you will get drying and crispy pieces...I cooked for one hour before i started to smoke so the meat was  dryer to absorb the smoke turned out great i used 4 cups of Hickory it was perfect amount of smoke...one cup of chips every hour and a half:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky