Smoker smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingchristo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
I live in a terraced house with only a yard and am building a new smoker. The neibours don't like the smoke is there a way to dispel the smoke when I comes out the smoker I already have a small chimney

I live in a terraced house with only a yard and am building a new smoker. The neibours don't like the smoke is there a way to dispel the smoke when I comes out the smoker I already have a small chimney
smoke the best ribs you can smoke and take them to your neighbors. they will change their minds

Hope this helps,

phatbac (Aaron)

Seems to me a guy ought to be able to smoke or grill meat in his backyard without having to adhere to his neighbors wishes.

How about if you sit out in the backyard smoking a big fat cigar, & blow that smoke in their direction.

I'm with Aaron, try to give them some Q & see if it will change their minds.

Otherwise, smoke on!

Al

There no winning with them we don't speak I'm currently smoking at night when they asleep anyone any ideas for the smoke. It a sad world

There no winning with them we don't speak I'm currently smoking at night when they asleep anyone any ideas for the smoke. It a sad world
you say there is no winning. try not to make it a competition. killing them with kindness and take them some food or invite them over for dinner. catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I know its easier to say than do but do what you can to make friends instead of enemies.

hope this helps,

phatbac (Aaron)

Seems you have two choices, smoking foods, or gardening. If you give up smoking foods and decide to garden, you will need compost. I would advise starting your compost pile with a load of hog crap placed near the property line. Surely, your neighbors would be delighted that you were thinking of them when you chose a new hobby. Don’t be surprised if skunks discover your compost pile. As the others suggested, share.

T

Move your smoker as close to them as possible ... get an American flag put it next to your smoker drink a beer crank some 80's rock paint your face blue and when they come out scream FREEDOMMMM

So you have to alter your world in order to accommodate theirs? Ummm, nope. You've made the effort and overtures: if you're not breaking any laws or HOA parameters, they need to get over themselves and smoke when is convenient for you. You're never going to please everyone. Sound like the yuppie turd couple who lived next door to Clark & Ellen Griswold in "Christmas Vacation".

I know it's crap but the council are also happy to have a moan I think I may have found something thanks for the support guys

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky