• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker restoration

Sports_guy221

Joined Mar 30, 2020
I’m pretty new to this and have read a lot of good reviews from here.
I have an old braunfels smoker rusted with some nickel size holes here and there. My main concerns are how to repair the holes ( what do I use? ) and how much rust should be present if any.
Will post pictures shortly.

Any and al ideas to repair if possible... really attached to this and want to fix it

Attachments

Last edited:

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
looks like that's some tired metal. my only idea would be to maybe rivet some thin metal around the inside. for the rust I would grind as much off as possible but ya might create some more holes if the rust is pretty thick. maybe someone with more knowledge will jump in.

Sports_guy221

Joined Mar 30, 2020
looks like that's some tired metal. my only idea would be to maybe rivet some thin metal around the inside. for the rust I would grind as much off as possible but ya might create some more holes if the rust is pretty thick. maybe someone with more knowledge will jump in.
Sanding and going at it with wire brushes now. I thought maybe just another layer of the same gauge on the inside to cover it all with one piece, not sure though..

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.