• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker quit is brisket still good?

mikeyt48

Joined Jun 13, 2021
Hi all new here. Doing my first brisket today. Had pit set to 250, put the brisket on at 5:30am, went back to sleep around 6:30am and it was still going. Woke back up around 8:15am and the smoker was somehow off and was cool to the touch. Am I still good to start the process again since it wasn’t cooking that long? Brisket was trimmed and rubbed in a very salty rub and chilled in fridge for 16 hours. Help please?

TomCrump

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2019
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I lit my Summit yesterday, at 8:00 AM. After smoking a brisket, I just let the smoker run. At 10:00 AM today, the thermometer is still reading 250 F ! LOL

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Already looking for one to avoid this in the future. Any recommendations?
Inkbird is highly recommended.
They offer several affordable and reliable digital probe thermometers with bluetooth and apps.
ThermoPro is another brand to consider.
Personally, I like the Inkbird IRF-4s.

Edit: Welcome to SMF.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Your fine, just keep cooking it.
Al

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Welcome to SMF from Indiana!
Do you know why or how it shut off?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.