• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker and Pizza Oven Build

wes w

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 31, 2012
Looks awesome Ferdy!

Finally got a computer that works...  

I can't stress enough to let your build cure for at least 30-45 days before putting any fire in it.  Then start with small fires and work up over a couple weeks, before you run full temp. 

ferdy

Joined Oct 17, 2015
I finished the brickwork the first week of April. I put the cladding around the oven brickwork two weeks later. I then started firing it around the end of April, starting with a small newspaper fire, then a small twig fire a few days later, and every few days after that a progressively larger fire. The first pizza (and full firing) was mid-May. So, I probably was a little quick with the fire, but no cracks or leaks.

I cannot tell you all how appreciative I am for all of your suggestions. It's turning out to be a fine project which I have enjoyed immensely. It wouldn't have turned out that way without your suggestions.

wes w

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 31, 2012
Looks awesome!!   Job well done sir!   Enjoy!!!  

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
WOW. Id love to see more detailed pictures but that 1 is pretty awesome.

Brian

Jeff Wright

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 12, 2018
That looks really great. I too would like to see some addtional photos. Pat yourself on the back. That will be enjoyable for years to coome.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
id love to see the other side with the grill and the oven.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Awesome

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
yeah ,, real nice . If I can get rid of a hot tub , I'll have room for something like that . Nice job .

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
"We poured a concrete counter. We glued fiberglass I dilation to the edge of the form to give a textured edge. Once we pulled the forms, we brushed the insulation off with wire brushes, and what little did not come off, we burned off with a torch."

What is "fiberglass I dilation"? I love your countertops! I am planning to build an outdoor kitchen and had not yet found what I want as a countertop - I think I now have!!!

ferdy

Joined Oct 17, 2015
"We poured a concrete counter. We glued fiberglass I dilation to the edge of the form to give a textured edge. Once we pulled the forms, we brushed the insulation off with wire brushes, and what little did not come off, we burned off with a torch."

What is "fiberglass I dilation"? I love your countertops! I am planning to build an outdoor kitchen and had not yet found what I want as a countertop - I think I now have!!!
Sorry. It should read “fiberglass insulation”. Fat fingers + autocorrect.

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
Oh sure, I understand. Thanks. So I'm guessing you had a wooden frame/form for the countertop and you simply lined the inside of the form with a strip of insulation? I really like the end result!

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks