• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoker and Pizza Oven Build

ferdy

Joined Oct 17, 2015
24FA4AB7-3B3A-4F6F-B3F5-3890323651E2.jpeg
Oh sure, I understand. Thanks. So I'm guessing you had a wooden frame/form for the countertop and you simply lined the inside of the form with a strip of insulation? I really like the end result!
So, we screwed 2”x4” onto the concrete block wall as a ledger. Then we cut 3/4” plywood and set it on the 2”x4” ledger and screwed it down. We propped up the other side on the plywood with 2”x and 4”x4”. Then we placed plastic landscape edging on the plywood and screwed it in place from the bottom of the plywood up into the edging. Then we sprayed adhesive onto the inside of the edging and pulled fiberglass insulation apart and adhered it to the edging. Once adhered, we poured the concrete and pressed it against the insulation as we poured it. The photo shows it right before applying the adhesive and fiberglass.

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
Got it! Excellent!! Wow, my mind is now swirling with ideas for mine!!! Thanks so much.

swirvin2000

Joined Apr 19, 2019
Ferdy, this project looks great, I'm looking to start an offset brick smoker myself, quick question for you, (or anyone with a larger design like this)
- How big is the cook chamber, and fire box, I've started a design based on Feldon's calculator but I'm a little worried about how long it will take to get up to temp. with all that brick.
- What are you burning? standard charcoal, lumps or actual firewood?
- would you change anything on the firebox to make it easier to burn in or clean out?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.