Smokeing an smoked turkey breast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So it is already smoked right? If so I would be really careful on how much smoke you give it and would most definetly have a water pan in there to keep it from getting too dry - I might even spritz it a few times

Good luck and let us know how it turns out

I'm with Scarbelly on this one ...i would consider injecting it with chicken broth to keep it moist. Also you may want to smoke it in a shallow aluminum pan with a bit of broth in it to baste your breast with. I would go with a lighter flavored wood like apple...cherry or pecan.

Yes, fully cooked

Then you don't have to worry about the 40-140 rule, you are just warming it up & adding extra smoke. I would put it in a cold smoker & get the smoke flowing right away. I wouldn't take it above 145. I also think injecting it with chicken broth & melted butter would also be a good idea. Let us know how it turns out.

I will take your advice on the chicken broth & use my trusty AMS with some cherry dust. I will take some pics so you can see the results....Thanks, Tom

Since it's already cooked, I would Cold Smoke the turkey breast for a couple hours

Oven roasted turkey is not my favorite, but smoked turkey is awesome.  It seems better the next day!

Todd

Since it's already cooked, I would Cold Smoke the turkey breast for a couple hours

Oven roasted turkey is not my favorite, but smoked turkey is awesome.  It seems better the next day!

Todd
I think all smoked food tastes better the next day, maybe it's just me or because I've been smelling smoke all day & I'm somewhat desensitized to smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky