Smokehouse Products Little Chief

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

horkeyrider

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Heflin, Alabama
I've searched this forum for information on the Little Chief and have not found what I want to know. I have an 18" Camp chef Smoke vault that I like very much but I like the sounds of the LC smoking at a steady 165 degrees for my fish and bacon etc. So if you would, give me your opinions on the LC. The "Good, Bad and the Ugly.

Thanks

Gene (Old Dude)

Have you checked the Little/Big Chief web site? Another old brand you might want to check out is the Old Smokey. Benn around for a great many years.

Those smokers are good... I have 2.....
Here's what I did when I moved to the cold country....

I wire in a table top hot plate and used the temp control to control the smoker.... Even put in the light to let me knpw when the element came on... works good...

67502bb8_Hotplatecookiespan.jpg ... 96193b63_Hotplatewiring.jpg

You can get a plug and play temp control for about $30 from amazon and use the current element or even get another element up to about 800-100 watts...
.......... Temp control ........

They are the same .. mine is the larger version make by Totem, which Little chief and Big chief bought out...
All I did was make it cold weather usable... Like down to -20F....
All I smoke in mine is fish...
9-27-2015 Tongue - Fish 004.JPG

It's perfect for bacon also... I've been using it for ~30 years..

Last edited:
I have a Totem which is a little Chief since mid 80's and still works great and used it last year for Jerky and Salmon. Had a Top load Big Chief for the last 10 years and gave it to my daughter last year. If you get one do not through out the box I used it when smoking to keep more heat and smoke inside . For the price they are great.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/first-time-getting-ready-to-smoke.272892/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky