Smoked Wings. Last Meal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. School started back Monday. My 4 kids go to a small private Christian school. 380 kids k-12. Wife teaches there. 3 days into school oldest daughter's best friend tested positive for covid. That was Wednesday. They sent the 9th grade home for remainder of week. Thursday notified by health department that daughter was restricted from school due to close contact of friend. She woke up sick that morning. After reporting symptoms to school they sent wife and other 3 kids home. Later that day I became sick. Friday morning we got tested. By then me, daughter, wife are all sick.....and I mean sick. Worst sore throat ever. Blasting headache, tired, and swollen lympnodes on armpits and groins. 4 other kids from class showing same symptoms. We haven't got our results back yet but as Forrest Gump once said "I'm not a smart man" .We have covid......didn't feel well enough to cook but had 7lbs of wings thawed and unless I'm dead I'm not gonna throw them away.

Parted out the whole wings and tossed in Holy Voodoo rub
IMG_20200808_162938.jpg

Onto the pellet smoker at 225 using pecan for an hour
IMG_20200808_163410~2.jpg
IMG_20200808_163417.jpg
IMG_20200808_163447.jpg

After an hour I bumped heat to 250 and sprayed with beer every 15 minutes for another hour. Then bumped heat to 300 for 30 minutes to get crispy
IMG_20200808_190049~2.jpg

2.5hr total I had super crispy skin and juicy wings. Best I've ever done honestly
IMG_20200808_190318.jpg

These are true smoked Wings
IMG_20200808_190428.jpg

My plate
IMG_20200808_191134.jpg

And my after plate
IMG_20200808_192357.jpg

Deliciousness! Even though I can barely swallow.

Had some tomahawks thawing in the fridge for tomorrow but ended up putting back in deep freeze. I've felt worse everyday since getting sick and I figure I'm not gonna feel like cooking again tomorrow. Be safe folks

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_190318.jpg
    IMG_20200808_190318.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 2
Sorry to hear you all are going through the dread gombue, Jake.

Hope everyone recovers as quickly as possible.

Your "Covid wings" look great.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sorry to hear you all are going through the dread gombue, Jake.

Hope everyone recovers as quickly as possible.

Your "Covid wings" look great.
Thanks Jack it's no fun at all. We will get through it though. Thanks for the well wishes and the like

Thats terrible news to hear Jake, wish you and your family the best and a quick recovery! Your wings do look awesome

Get well soon
Ryan

First off. .. I hope you and your family speed through this and everything is back to normal soon. Secondly those wings look to be amazing! Nice job!

Jake first God bless you and your family our prayers are with you. I am afraid the nationwide prevalent return to school is going to make the first wave look like a minor blip of infections. Hope I’m wrong but to me it seems to set up the perfect storm. The wings looks great. I’m sure you won’t feel like cooking for a bit but please do stop in and let us know how you all are doing.

Jake, so sorry to hear you're all sick. Praying for a speedy recovery. Hopefully when you get the results, it won't be Covid. This thing is the worst thing I've ever seen. And it's making more and more people crazy and defiant. But let me step off my soapbox. Those wings look incredible and perfect! I completely understand you being able to eat them even though you are sick. They look too good to pass up under any circumstances. Stay strong and keep us posted on your condition.

Sorry to hear about the situation. Best wishes to you and your family to be safe and sound.

Hang in there. Its no fun. I caught it in NY in March. Took til end of April to recover. Hope all of you make it through ok. PM me if you have any questions.

That sucks, Jake... I am really sorry to hear that you and your family got hit by this nasty virus... I wish you and your family speedy recovery. Best wishes and... stay positive. Oh... the wings looks absolutely delicious!

Hope ALL feel better soon! Kudos on firing the Wings. I am a totally helpless Baby when I'm sick. Those wings would have been made into a big pot of Chicken Soup here...JJ

Sorry that y'all got the plague and wishing speedy bounce back.

Those are great looking wings! I'm a certified wing nut. I do about the same. Smoke 'em low and slow, then finish with heat to crisp up the skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky