Smoked turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thinking 2 hours @ 300 but every smoker is slightly different.
15lb whole turkey takes about 3 hours.
Brined in a poultry brine for 28 hours
Smoked @ 225º for 40 minutes
Turned up to 300º
Took a total of 2.5 hours to hit internal temp of 165
Turned out very good

Reactions: hardcookin
Does anyone do smoked turkey at times other than Thanksgiving?
I’m smoking one today for my daughter and her family. It’s16# brined with salt, rosemary, thyme and sage. I’ll smoke it at 225 with a little applewood until 165 in the thighs. I’ll loose tent it. Better to smoke it outside than heat up the house.

I’m smoking one today for my daughter and her family. It’s16# brined with salt, rosemary, thyme and sage. I’ll smoke it at 225 with a little applewood until 165 in the thighs. I’ll loose tent it. Better to smoke it outside than heat up the house.

225 may be a little low on the cooking temperature. Maybe some one else will chime in. I did some boneless / skinless chicken breasts on the pellet grill.
I brined them for 5 hours & then smoked them @ 200º.
It took 3 hours for them to hit 165º. The outsides where like they had a rind on them, tough as heck. We cut the "rind" off and they were very freakin' good. I was informed that I cooked them to low & slow. I have since did turkey breasts @ 300 & they came out very good

Just did turkey breast yesterday. I like to split em an cut the back bone out. These got BPS chicken prod and Desert Gold.

Attachments

• D2865063-7607-4E1F-AC88-3C7082B72A4D.jpeg
    D2865063-7607-4E1F-AC88-3C7082B72A4D.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 16
I did these on my 26 Weber with SnS at 325. Oak chunk. Took about 2 hrs. Crispy skin and moist with Chicken Prod. Pulled them at 165 but could have pulled a tad sooner but still made for a very tasty turkey sandwich lunch today for a small gathering. I always take the back out even when whole so it sits upright on grill with out falling over.

I did this 6lb turkey breast on a pellet grill @ 300º. I brined it in MH Poultry Brine for about 48 hours. It took about 2 hours to reach 170º internal temp. Came out very good. The brine is what made it so good. She fixed mashed potato's & fresh peas. Going to have hot roast turkey sandwiches & french fries tomorrow night.
turkey.JPG

I did this 6lb turkey breast on a pellet grill @ 300º. I brined it in MH Poultry Brine for about 48 hours. It took about 2 hours to reach 170º internal temp. Came out very good. The brine is what made it so good. She fixed mashed potato's & fresh peas. Going to have hot roast turkey sandwiches & french fries tomorrow night.View attachment 401022

Does anyone do smoked turkey at times other than Thanksgiving?
I used to smoke turkey and turkey breast both awesome. Since I've gotten this chargriller smoker I have a very hard time getting the daggum thing hot enough. I've poured in charcoal got it to 209 and the 15 minutes later it is to zero so I fired some more charcoal got all the vents open and I'm still struggling to get it to 200...I'm afraid it is gonna be unsafe to eat

All,
Have just been informed by my better half that I will be smoking a 22lb turkey for the Christmas feast. Any help on brining, smoking temperatures and cook times for smoking a whole turkey would be greatly appreciated.
Hope all have a wonderful holiday and that we all can return to some sense of normalcy after this crazy year.
Sleepy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky