Smoked Turkey Breasts !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Turkey breasts are one of my favorites. I buy the bone in skin on ones. Yours look very good! Did you brine? Ya gotta brine them bad boys!!
drool.gif

Looks great. Juicy! How did your Christmas presents go over?...JJ

Turkey breasts are one of my favorites. I buy the bone in skin on ones. Yours look very good! Did you brine? Ya gotta brine them bad boys!!
drool.gif
They're really growing on me too, especially in sandwiches and wraps, etc.  This was the first time I didn't brine the breast because I was sorta tweaking..because I haven't smoked anything for like 4 days..   Came out great.

I lit two separate rows on my amzs with cherry dust and cooked these at 240°F for 1.2 hrs to an I.T. of 154°F. Wrapped them in foil for 10 minutes to rest.
Looks great. Juicy! How did your Christmas presents go over?...JJ
I still have some to send out JJ :)  I got so busy with work that I didn't want to take any chances of delayed shipping until the holiday's were over so I have a bunch of packages to send out still next week..

Went with some more of the sandwiches for supper tonight. Added some avo's because we had a half of one to use up. Sandwich is great and the cream cheese spread is killer.

Made some waffle fries with some white truffle mayo to go alongside.

This really inspired me. I bought a whole breast just to cut up and make some bacon wrapped turkey bites but I'm going to save half of it and smoke it whole for some sammies! Thanks, it's brining right now for a good smoke tomorrow and sammies for the New Year!!!

This really inspired me. I bought a whole breast just to cut up and make some bacon wrapped turkey bites but I'm going to save half of it and smoke it whole for some sammies! Thanks, it's brining right now for a good smoke tomorrow and sammies for the New Year!!!
Awesome! You won't be disappointed. Be careful not to over smoke it. Poultry, especially a naked breast, will take on smoke pretty quickly. I smoked this batch the entire time and it was probably 30 minutes away from being too smokey. Let me know how it goes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky