Smoked Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CTXSmokeLover

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
Central TX
We eat quite a bit of smoked turkey at my house. For the price and effort to smoke, it's hard to beat.

Our local store sells pre brined breasts that I like to grab whenever the family is in the mood. It pairs well with most other sides and is always delicious and juicy. It is also very versatile. I've tried many different rubs and they have all come out very tasty.

It really is one of the simplest smokes out there, I highly recommend it if you have never tried it. Here's one from this past Sunday.

Seasoned with lots of pepper and granulated garlic (no salt necessary due to the pre brine):
IMG_0455.jpg

After a few hours in the smoker:
IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Sliced and time to eat:
IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

The plate:
IMG_0473.jpg

Gobble, gobble, thanks for stopping by!

-Tyler

Looks real good from my screen Tyler.

Point for sure
Chris

Edit: Where's the gravy?

Last edited:
Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Looks very nice! I haven't done a turkey breast in awhile I need to change that. Used to do the fresh ones all the time. I'd brine them first and smoke them as a second protein choice to ribs or brisket when I was doing a catering gig. I was buying by the case at the time through a food service. Someone mis-picked a case. When I went to use it it was five Jenni O processed breast meat about 7lbs. each. The ones the grocery store deli uses to slice thin and sell by the pound. Too late to do anything about it so three of them went on the smoker.

Turned out fantastic and the people raved about them. Best part I was just putting smoke on them and warming them through so no checking and stressing over serving temps and best of all not a single ounce of waste. I used them for a couple years afterwards.

Looks real good from my screen Tyler.

Point for sure
Chris

Edit: Where's the gravy?
Thanks Chris! No gravy for this one. Once it came off the smoker I wrapped it tightly in foil with a lot of butter for an hour or so, and then used the same butter to dip each piece in after slicing. You can kinda see the butter glisten in that last plated pic. Freaking amazing! Don't worry I got that extra fat in there!
Yep that's money right there. Nice work bud
Thanks TNJAKE
And I haven't even had breakfast yet.. thanks a lot for making me even more hungry!🤣
My apologies Jeff. I should have been more considerate and posted this a little closer to supper time 😂
I know right! Great looking breast. I need to do another one (or two) soon.
Jim
Thanks Jim! It's never too early to start prepping for Turkey Day
Looks very nice! I haven't done a turkey breast in awhile I need to change that. Used to do the fresh ones all the time. I'd brine them first and smoke them as a second protein choice to ribs or brisket when I was doing a catering gig. I was buying by the case at the time through a food service. Someone mis-picked a case. When I went to use it it was five Jenni O processed breast meat about 7lbs. each. The ones the grocery store deli uses to slice thin and sell by the pound. Too late to do anything about it so three of them went on the smoker.

Turned out fantastic and the people raved about them. Best part I was just putting smoke on them and warming them through so no checking and stressing over serving temps and best of all not a single ounce of waste. I used them for a couple years afterwards.
Thanks 3montes! Interesting about the mis-picked case of turkey. Sounds like it was a blessing in disguise
Looks great...
Thanks jax!

I appreciate all of the comments/likes from everyone, means a lot

Reactions: negolien
We eat quite a bit of smoked turkey at my house. For the price and effort to smoke, it's hard to beat.

Our local store sells pre brined breasts that I like to grab whenever the family is in the mood. It pairs well with most other sides and is always delicious and juicy. It is also very versatile. I've tried many different rubs and they have all come out very tasty.

It really is one of the simplest smokes out there, I highly recommend it if you have never tried it. Here's one from this past Sunday.

Seasoned with lots of pepper and granulated garlic (no salt necessary due to the pre brine):
View attachment 646211

After a few hours in the smoker:
View attachment 646212

View attachment 646213

Sliced and time to eat:
View attachment 646214

View attachment 646215

View attachment 646216

The plate:
View attachment 646217

Gobble, gobble, thanks for stopping by!

-Tyler
Looks yummy

Looks yummy
Thanks cansmoke!
Looks very delicious!! Thanks for sharing it!
Thanks tbern, I appreciate you taking a look
Now that's a great looking plate and cook Tyler ! Save me a slice or 3 😁

Keith
Thanks Keith. Unfortunately it was all gobbled up 😂 Sorry couldn't help myself
It doesn’t get much better than that Tyler!
Al
Thanks Al! We sure enjoyed it
Looks delicious! Gonna have to give this a try!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I highly recommend it! Super simple
I am doing this and a brisket for T-Day this year. I already cooked and froze up ten pounds of Boston butt.
Now that is the correct way to do Thanksgiving right there. Can I come to your house for T-day? Lol, thanks for taking a look
Looks great
Thank you!
That looks great. Where in centex are you getting them pre-brined?
Thanks Loyd. HEB. Almost every HEB I have been to around here has them in stock. Here's a pic from their website and here is what they have listed for the brine: Turkey Broth, Sea Salt, Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate
1666197701084.png

Tyler, that looks absolutely astonishing!! Seriously that is some of the absolute best looking turkey I've ever seen. Congrats on a much deserved carousel ride sir!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky