• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked tri-tip sandwiches

nmaust

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 4, 2013
Smoked a USDA Choice tri-tipthis afternoon. The rub is brown sugar, SPG, cayenne, & a touch of Chipotle Chile powder & all spice. Seared it over my pecan fire then smoked it at 235 , pulled it at 140, and let it rest 10 minutes while I grilled peppers & onions. Cut thin with an electric knife . Toasted buns then placed meat & veggies on King's Hawaiian Sandwich rolls & melted cheese under the broiler. Delicious finished product.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Tri tip makes awesome sandwees! Nice Smoke!!! Can't go wrong with Kings rolls!

jeepdiver

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 16, 2007
I did some new years. First time doing tri tip and wont be the last. Made some great anti-french dips. Followed the you tube video by fast eddy. Smoked to 120 then did a reverse sear to 140 (wife limes medium). They were great and I will be doing them again

manzwood

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 14, 2013
Awe thanks alot nmaus!

I just drooled all over my keyboard's pointer pad and I'am now stuck on SMF till it dries out!

Cruel, just cruel!

The Q-Views are OUTSTANDING!

radio

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 28, 2013
Tri tips are awesome any way you can fix 'em!  Great job on those NM!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.