Smoked Toffee Apple Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
.....STICKY Apple Toffee Cake.......well now it makes sense!!LOL!!

That dessert looks outrageous!!! I Love it! Great for cold day breakfasts with a hot cup of coffee...you know to go with the toffee!!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
.....STICKY Apple Toffee Cake.......well now it makes sense!!LOL!!

That dessert looks outrageous!!! I Love it! Great for cold day breakfasts with a hot cup of coffee...you know to go with the toffee!!

Thanks Keith for the love and the comment

I know , when I came across this looking for something to do with my extra apples... this just slapped me across the face. Mmmm good.
It was very good and the toffee well you know GREAT, made my tea taste a little bland though :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
Man does that look good David, and I'm a big apple desert type of guy.

Point for sure
Chris

When you serve mine up, David, best you use a dinner plate. I've already copied and saved the recipe--including the apple topping--and I'll be making it real soon!!
That's my kinda desert.
Gary

Thanks Gary for the comment , Dinner plate it is , lol

It is a real good dessert, and glad I added the extra apples on top
And I can.t say enough about the Toffee topping, MMmmmm

David

I've made this before without smoking it and it was so over the top that there wasn't a crumb left. How long did you have it in the smoker?

I've made this before without smoking it and it was so over the top that there wasn't a crumb left. How long did you have it in the smoker?

Thanks rbv53 for the comment

It is very good and the toffee topping was perfect. I did change it
by adding the extra apples on top ( coated them in brown sugar and cinnamon )

Because I used the ring pan I cooked it longer , about 1hour and 20/30 minutes, keep checking after the 20 minute mark
If I had used a bundt pan it would have only been 1 hour. Cooks also from the center with the bundt pan

David

"Toffee topping is the best, ... but I love me some sugar" man I think this says it all!

That looks very very good! Very nice work....even if in a smoker...LOL

"Toffee topping is the best, ... but I love me some sugar" man I think this says it all!

That looks very very good! Very nice work....even if in a smoker...LOL

Thanks civil for the like and the comment

You and me both about the sugar, and the toffee is great
I like to try to make even my desserts in the smoker, and most turn out, lol

this one for sure did

David

Reactions: civilsmoker
David,

I have yet to try dessert in my WSM. This looks like the recipie I was waiting for. I am an apple pie/cake freak. Adding toffee to the cake just YES! Thanks for posting the recipie, I will commence to assemble the needed ingredients pronto. Big like.

Did you first bake the dessert to completion for about the 80/90 minutes and then smoke it and if so for how long? I'm a bit lost about how the dessert was made, baking, smoking or all smoke beginning to completion, times, temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky