Smoked Toffee Apple Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
David,

I have yet to try dessert in my WSM. This looks like the recipie I was waiting for. I am an apple pie/cake freak. Adding toffee to the cake just YES! Thanks for posting the recipie, I will commence to assemble the needed ingredients pronto. Big like.

Thanks for the comment

This is a good cake and I find that it did well in the smoker. If you have a bundt pan it will cook/smoke better, and only approx 1 hour.
Good luck , let me know if you have any questions or just show the results. :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Reactions: BobP325
Did you first bake the dessert to completion for about the 80/90 minutes and then smoke it and if so for how long? I'm a bit lost about how the dessert was made, baking, smoking or all smoke beginning to completion, times, temps.

Thanks for the comment Bob

No the whole cake was cooked/smoked in my smoker ( except for the Toffee topping, that was on the stove top ).
See the pictures of it going in the smoker raw than cooked while still in.
So mix all add to a buttered than floured pan , in the smoker for 1 hour and approx 20/30 minutes
because my wife through out my bundt pan. It would only take an hour+/-. Because I used my spring pan it took
longer as more mass and not the whole in the center as in the bundt pan.

Anything else you need to know just ask , and good luck

David

Thanks for the comment Bob

No the whole cake was cooked/smoked in my smoker ( except for the Toffee topping, that was on the stove top ).
See the pictures of it going in the smoker raw than cooked while still in.
So mix all add to a buttered than floured pan , in the smoker for 1 hour and approx 20/30 minutes
because my wife through out my bundt pan. It would only take an hour+/-. Because I used my spring pan it took
longer as more mass and not the whole in the center as in the bundt pan.

Anything else you need to know just ask , and good luck

David
Smoking temp please.

That Cake looks awesome!!
All I gotta do to find David is look for some Posted Tasty Cake or Pie!!
Works every time!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That Cake looks awesome!!
All I gotta do to find David is look for some Posted Tasty Cake or Pie!!
Works every time!
Like.

Bear

Thank you Bear for the like and the comment

Nice of you to say and yes you know me, a little bit of a sweet tooth or teeth, lol
It was a great cake , if its not mine that I am posting to or about it is others on here.

And some of the great sweet food post are also from you and your sweet missis.

David

I made this cake for supper tonight, David, and as advertised......it was delicious. Miss Linda had nothing but raves for it. When I asked her if it was a "do again", the words were barely out of my mouth when I heard her "YES!!"
Since my smoker is down for a repair, The cake was 100% oven cooked but next time there'll be smoke added.
I missed the part about the dried apples until I was in baker mode, so I had to skip them and just added another fresh apple. I think that next time I'll just add 2 more apples to the cake and call it a day.
Now, since I've never made toffee to drizzle (more like inundate) a cake before, I wasn't sure whether. I should make it and drizzle it on ahead of time or not. So I ended up making the toffee after supper and serving the cake immediately. What did you do?
BTW, I had to use a spring pan too. Turns out that it took exactly the same amount of time as in a bundt pan--1 hour at 350* in the oven.
Many thanks for the recipe, my friend. Loved it. 🐷🐷🐷
Gary

• Love
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I made this cake for supper tonight, David, and as advertised......it was delicious. Miss Linda had nothing but raves for it. When I asked her if it was a "do again", the words were barely out of my mouth when I heard her "YES!!"

Wow Gary that is fantastic. Glad it was loved as much as it is here.
I had to look up what you said about the dried apple's. I am like you I used only fresh apples. I must have missed it also. But the fresh worked for me.
And I added the extra apples on top of the cake before it went into the smoker, that was me changing things up again

The Toffee is added after the cake is finished. I took the cake to MIL's and added the toffee to the cake there

1668571453107.png

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky