Smoked Toffee Apple Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked Toffee Apple Cake

So we were invited to MIL for supper , as a pay back for all the meals at our place and to send off the SIL to here Florida home

MIL said don't bring anything , but I can't do that so I brought dessert. I did not tell them I smoked it and they ate and said it was great with real good flavours.

Smoked it with Black Cherry chunks, but the Toffee topping was added after it came out

9.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG

I changed the recipe and added a layer of diced apples covered with br. sugar and cinnamon to the top ( yes I did )

3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Recipe called for the use of a Bundt pan , I did not have so just adjusted the time for the larger pan.
Made the toffee while it was cooking, let it cool on the drive to MIL added the Toffee once we got there

6.JPG 7.JPG

Toffee topping is the best, ... but I love me some sugar

8.JPG

9.JPG

They all loved it and said that it was not smoked , that I must have done it in an oven, I said that is what a smoker is .

Everyone happy and I even got to bring a small piece home

Thanks for looking

David

David, that looks amazing!!! thanks for sharing your recipe and your process! nice that you got to smoke it and they enjoyed it not knowing!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks awesome David. I may try giving this a keto makeover. I’ve used jicama with apple extract and pie spice to replicate apple filling in a pie. I love toffee and can work that out too. Might just work here.

David, that looks amazing!!! thanks for sharing your recipe and your process! nice that you got to smoke it and they enjoyed it not knowing!

Thanks for the like and the comment

It was way too ggod, could not keep Mona and her spoon out of the toffee, lol

I will post the recipe here in a bit. Was not sure anyone would want it , thank you

David

David, that looks absolutely amazing well done sir. Thanks for sharing the recipe I definitely want to give this a try.

Thank you for the comment

It is a very moist cake and the Toffee what can I say , I'm in love with this . I can see adding this to other items. Almost as good as my Hawaiian Splendor Cake I have posted here before

David

Looks awesome David. I may try giving this a keto makeover. I’ve used jicama with apple extract and pie spice to replicate apple filling in a pie. I love toffee and can work that out too. Might just work here.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

This was very good , and glad the smoke did not turn them off. It was very mild using the cherry chunks, and the toffee was very nice also

That sounds like it would work, I did not know you cannot use apple in Keto recipes?
Give it a go , and post it up

David

Reactions: jcam222
Man give me a cup of coffee and a slab of that and I'd be a happy fat boy. That looks great!
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I know what you mean it was hard to stop at 2 big pieces, and a cup of Tea for me.
Mona said she could go for a cup of the toffee lol

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Geesh David! You're on a role lately. That looks fantastic!
Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

It is a really nice moist cake, but I want to get a bundt pan, Mona said we never used it so she sole it in our yard sale this summer. I guess I will have to keep an eye on her.
I thought I was not really posting much, I guess there is so many things I want to do , but can't find the time to do them all yet. Work is always in the way, lol

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That looks delicious David! But I chuckled a couple times...first, my wife just made a salted caramel apple sheet cake earlier this week...very tasty! Secondly, I just bought my daughter a tater shredder on an auction this week...came with a few other items, one of which was a bundt cake pan!

Ryan

• Wow
That looks delicious David! But I chuckled a couple times...first, my wife just made a salted caramel apple sheet cake earlier this week...very tasty! Secondly, I just bought my daughter a tater shredder on an auction this week...came with a few other items, one of which was a bundt cake pan!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the likes and the comment

It was very good, and it is like our family's are in sync, from afar. LOL
Caramel apple cake and than the bundt pan... who would have thunk it.

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky