Smoked Sweet and Sour Pork & Rice Stuffed Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked Sweet and Sour Pork & Rice Stuffed Peppers

This is supper tonight, picked up some fresh pork and sliced small. Cooked outside in the CI with a little vinegar and Soya Sauce
Removed and added the onions half cooked than the green peppers . While they were cooking I made my Sweet and Sour sauce
which also has 1 can of pineapple with the juice added. Into the pot went the pork and the sautéed veg, Let this cool some
1.JPG 2.JPG
3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

now also added 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese cheddar and Mozza. Mixed well
Cut 3 peppers down through the top. Cleaned them out. Filled with the mixture in each one.
I used tinfoil rolled into holders to keep them level so nothing tipped out.
Now incase anyone wonders. I do not blanch or pre cook my peppers as I want them to stand the cooking of the fillers .
And I like a slight little crunch to my peppers when stuffed

Into the smoker at 300-310 deg. with Cherry chips

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

After 35 minutes I added Mozza to the tops of the peppers and into the house oven under the broiler for 10 minutes

10.JPG

11.JPG

when I made the S + S I saved some of the sauce, 3/4 cup so I could pour over the top of the finished peppers
So I plated mine up with two halves and a fresh kale salad and I toasted 2 slices of my Jalapeno Cheddar quick Bread
poured a little S + S on top and Had at it . Fantastic... nice and hot cheesy sweet and sour pork and rice

13.JPG

14.JPG

Here is a cut shot of the innerds

15.JPG

The pineapple and the cheese with everything else , what can I say , I am happy and full

Thanks for making it through to the end

David

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 7
Merciful heavens David. This looks amazing!! Why is it not on the carousel?? A true blast from the past. My dad was a member of the local home builders organization when I was a kid. Once a month they had a dinner and meeting. On those nights mom would take me to a Polynesian restaurant and this was my favorite meal!! They didn't stuff the peppers but cut them up and added to the meal but same concept. Man I loved that stuff!!

Robert

Merciful heavens David. This looks amazing!! Why is it not on the carousel?? A true blast from the past. My dad was a member of the local home builders organization when I was a kid. Once a month they had a dinner and meeting. On those nights mom would take me to a Polynesian restaurant and this was my favorite meal!! They didn't stuff the peppers but cut them up and added to the meal but same concept. Man I loved that stuff!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Nice to get some triggers that take you right back to a good time, glad I could help.
Very nice of you to say on the over all look of the meal. And it was fantastic, great flavors .
I love a good blend of most sweet and sour foods. Some times in batter and sometimes not..but always good

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky