Smoked Summer Sausage question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bnew17

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I am going to make some venison/pork smoked summer sausage. Recipe calls for 15 lb batch. I obviously cant eat that much at once. I want to put some away. Should i smoke it all, vacuum seal, and then freeze what i dont eat? Or do i smoke what I am going to eat immediately and freeze the rest, only to smoke it as i need it?

I just want opinions on smoking the meat , freezing it, and then thawing it to eat again. Does it still taste good?

Do that all the time with summer sausage and snack sticks. Vacuum seal and freeze. Thawing is no problem. Just leave them in the fridge overnight.

Reactions: tallbm
I am going to make some venison/pork smoked summer sausage. Recipe calls for 15 lb batch. I obviously cant eat that much at once. I want to put some away. Should i smoke it all, vacuum seal, and then freeze what i dont eat? Or do i smoke what I am going to eat immediately and freeze the rest, only to smoke it as i need it?

I just want opinions on smoking the meat , freezing it, and then thawing it to eat again. Does it still taste good?

Smoke em all then VAC SEAL and freeze em.
As Steve H Steve H said, just put in the fridge the day/night before u want to eat them and they will be ready to go next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky