• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoked Summer Sausage question

bnew17

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 24, 2011
I am going to make some venison/pork smoked summer sausage. Recipe calls for 15 lb batch. I obviously cant eat that much at once. I want to put some away. Should i smoke it all, vacuum seal, and then freeze what i dont eat? Or do i smoke what I am going to eat immediately and freeze the rest, only to smoke it as i need it?

I just want opinions on smoking the meat , freezing it, and then thawing it to eat again. Does it still taste good?

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Do that all the time with summer sausage and snack sticks. Vacuum seal and freeze. Thawing is no problem. Just leave them in the fridge overnight.

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
I am going to make some venison/pork smoked summer sausage. Recipe calls for 15 lb batch. I obviously cant eat that much at once. I want to put some away. Should i smoke it all, vacuum seal, and then freeze what i dont eat? Or do i smoke what I am going to eat immediately and freeze the rest, only to smoke it as i need it?

I just want opinions on smoking the meat , freezing it, and then thawing it to eat again. Does it still taste good?
Smoke em all then VAC SEAL and freeze em.
As Steve H Steve H said, just put in the fridge the day/night before u want to eat them and they will be ready to go next day.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree with all of the above!
Al

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.