Smoked Steak Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I ran the Lang 84D smoker yesterday for around 10 hours. Had several things I was smoking for my brother in law and some things in advance for the 4th. Often when I do a day like that I’ll throw some burgers on for lunch. Nothing fancy but sometimes simple is best. I use steak burgers that are fresh ground from Savealot. I have tried tons of store grind patties and nothing tips these in my area. I was running around 275F average with a mix of cherry, apple and pear wood. When almost ready I hit them with aged Kerrygold white cheddar. These things are so tasty I often eat as is with no condiments or bun. Seasoned with a little Dos Pendejos Smokin it and Kinders Buttery Steakhouse. If you haven’t smoked burgers you need too!
581F816A-8A5B-48A1-9227-C939CEADDFB1.jpeg
2160D3D0-2AF4-4D9B-8F5A-25641D3A7E87.jpeg
8C56F435-9532-4152-9991-E5B74B22B068.jpeg
View attachment 636025

Last edited:
So going to try this, going to pick up at the butcher custom grind of chuck, brisket, rib eye and bacon and do this.

Did you sear or did the smoker give those burgers the great color?

Reactions: jcam222 and robrpb
So going to try this, going to pick up at the butcher custom grind of chuck, brisket, rib eye and bacon and do this.

Did you sear or did the smoker give those burgers the great color?
No sear, color is all smoke and smoke ring. I put them on the upper rack firebox end so hotter area but just let them go until done. It’s honestly my favorite burger at home.

Those look great Jeff. In all my years of smoking I can't ever recall smoking burgers. That is going to change! That Kerrygold cheese is money!

Reactions: jcam222
Those look great Jeff. In all my years of smoking I can't ever recall smoking burgers. That is going to change! That Kerrygold cheese is money!
Yep that Kerrygold is tasty. I think you will be amazed at the flavor on smoked burgers.

Great looking burgers Jeff, and the color is out of this world. I've done similar on the kettle using the charcoal baskets but never got that depth of color.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky