Smoked some Costco Mac & Cheese this weekend! (video)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TSR6

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 20, 2018
I love me that Costco Mac & Cheese after it's been on the smoker!

I've primarily used Apple or Cherry wood (Apple this go around), and let it smoke for a couple hours with 2-3 total hours cook time. I just watch the noodles for that slight smokey look to it. I've let it go the full time, and I've also wrapped it. I don't mind it smoked the full time - but the family seems to like a little less "in your face" smoke flavor, so I've been wrapping it anywhere around 1.5 to 2 hours, and then letting it just bake for the remaining time.

It's even better if you mix in some pulled pork, or some chopped up green & red peppers as a "loaded mac & cheese" too. :)

Looks good (easy too).

Sorry to hear that. I love heavy smoke favor, but like at your house BossLady says "NO".

It's all about balance in life. Balanced flavor... and a happy wife makes a happy life.

Honestly with the Mac & Cheese I don't want to be shoveling an ash tray into my mouth either. Plus my kids are eating it too, so if it doesnt look and taste like Mac & Cheese (with some extra flavors) then they'll have issues too (toddler life, what can I say?) It's actually my absolute favorite when I make Mac & Cheese with smoked cheese instead of smoking the tray itself, but this is definitely a close second place.

Reactions: drdon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky