smoked riblets

Discussion in 'Pork' started by redneck69, Nov 15, 2010.

1. redneck69

redneck69 Smoking Fanatic

looking to see if anybody has smoked pork riblets? looking to know rough time and temp to do these at.

2. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I would keep the temps between 225-250°, figure roughly 3 hrs., but if they aren't tender enough, maybe plan on an hour or so in a foiled pan.

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yep love them...

Follow Johnny's advice and you can't go wrong...

4. redneck69

that's the time and temp i was thinking. i'm going to smoke them at work for an employee xmas party. thank you for the quick responses. 

5. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Riblets can go a long time and reheat well so give yourself some buffer time..

6. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You could always just go and get a McRib [​IMG]   Really, this is nothing more than Pork Butt meat. Take it to 165 to 170, sauce it up and go.

7. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Flash what he is talking about is the feather bones off of the ribs, not pressed pork patties...

http://www.chicagomeat.com/pdfs/CMA Feather Bones SM.pdf

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  8. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Back in the day before I did smoking, I used to toss a bunch of riblets into the crock pot for a couple of hours with some mango salsa, then pull them out and give them a nice char on a hot weber kettle grill. Super tastey!

9. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nope, wasn't talking about pressed pork. Don't think I've ever even tried that.

10. redneck69

that sounds really good with the mango salsa, ill have to try that one of these days

11. redneck69

lol..beer b-q is correct on what i'm making

12. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

It sure sounds to me like you are getting some really good advice on your riblets. Now I always leave them on the spares and serve them with the rest of the ribs.

13. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member