Smoked rabbit ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paulie Walnuts 440

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
I wanted to know if anyone has ever smoked a rabbit before? Any ideas please share I think bacon may be a nice top layer...

Reactions: kruizer
I've done it a few times. Once a whole rabbit pieced out and wrapped in bacon, and once whole rabbit wrapped in bacon. Both rabbits were rabbits that had a run in with my .410 and some 3 inch #5 shells.
I've considered making some Hopper Poppers next time I find a place to hunt them.

I I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne then smoked them at around 225 -250 degrees for about 3 hours or about 165 degrees with some apple wood for flavor. They came out great and everyone enjoyed them...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky