Smoked Pork Tenderloin shaved sandwiches question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Personally, I would not even smoke a "Tender" Loin. I do inject them, then onto a hot grill till 135º IT. Wrap them for 30 minutes, slice and serve. Loins I will smoke, but I would brine neither.

Pork Tenderloins are small and extremely lean. They are best cooked quickly but can be Smoked. Their flavor is delicate so a rub is all that is needed. I do, however, Brine Pork Loins that I plan to smoke. The added moisture and flavor is quite good. That is not to say you can't brine Tenders. Here is a Recipe, see what you think...JJ

Just to clarify...Are you making the small 2" thick, 8" long, 1 pound each Tenderloins...Or...The 4-6" thick, Round, 2 foot long Pork Loins that are cut in to chops? Big difference and often confused...

The small Tenderloins will smoke in under 2 hours at 225*F, taken to 135-140*F. They are best cooked Medium and still Pink.

The thicker Pork Loins will take 30-45 minutes a pound at 225, smoke to an IT of 135-145*F then wrap and rest. The latter temp will yield a juicy product but no pink. This is for the old school crowd that will not eat pink pork...

Pork Brine

2-12oz.Cans Apple Juice Concentrate

1C Apple Cider Vinegar

1/4C Molasses

1/4C Mustard

1/2C Kosher Salt

2T Pickling Spice (optional)

1T Sage, rubbed

1Gal Water

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky