Smoked Pigs Feet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

delaware smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Growing up dad would buy pigs feet,Not sure if he boiled them or bought from a jar.I've had an urge for some.so i bought some.and just finished cooking them.I have a pit boss austin,and was seeing if anyone ever smoked pigs feet.I watched on the net someone doing it,but he burnt the skin so you couldn't eat it.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks,Bill

Sorry I don't have any answers for you Bill, but as a lover of pickled pigs feet, I am signing onto this thread.

Are you thinking to smoke them with the skin on?

I would guess that there's not much fat in the foot, but a lot of connecting tissue.

Maybe skin them out and smoke them low and slow for a long time? Like I said; I'm just guessing.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you Bill, but as a lover of pickled pigs feet, I am signing onto this thread.

Are you thinking to smoke them with the skin on?

I would guess that there's not much fat in the foot, but a lot of connecting tissue.

Maybe skin them out and smoke them low and slow for a long time? Like I said; I'm just guessing.
Yeah with the skin on.Their isn't much else to eat.

You could cure and cold smoke them. Then pickle or slow cook.

I use pig feet for pork jelly(aspic) - but smoked gelatin is not up my alley so i use fresh raw feet.

Hocks are great in beans, not sure about the feet as I have seen what they wade in and have never tried them lol , at 58 I don't think I will ever also lmao

bro... you gotta cook them really good... then you cut it in half... pick out bones making sure feets still keep together... then you roll them in eggs and bread crumbs and fry... don't forget beer... yeah...

I've smoked pigs feet and then braise them so the gravy has a smoke flavor.
Traditional Pigs feet are boiled down and served on rice or by themselves.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky