Hocks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Ran out of Smoked Hocks so I used Pops Brine as always to cure them.
These were not as meaty as the ones I normally get
100_0274.JPG

One of the bigger pieces
100_0276.JPG

Smoked with Pitt Boss Apple an Charcoal mix Pellets 5 hours
3 hours at 150°F 2 hours at 175°F
100_0278.JPG

Now I have a Pork Butt in Pops Brine to make my Easter Ham
Richie

Great color on them hocks. I think I better get a Easter ham started.

Great color on them hocks. I think I better get a Easter ham started.
Adam Thanks the butt was on sale for $0.89 I checked the sell by date bought it.Can't find shanks up here just Picnic cuts
Richie

Those look wonderful Richie, Like! For me the best part of a Easter ham is the split pea soup that comes right after. RAY

Reactions: ThickRibs
Brian this is the first time for me making a Butt into a Ham
Richie
I would inject some of that brine into the pork butt. I can't hardly get myself to do pulled pork anymore those cured butts come out so good. I think most people take them to 145 but I like mine to 160 -165 where it hits the stall. Personal preference.

Oh Man, My Brother!!
Those gotta be Mighty Tasty!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Brother John weather is almost to nice to make soup,maybe some baked beans with a hock thrown in.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I would inject some of that brine into the pork butt. I can't hardly get myself to do pulled pork anymore those cured butts come out so good. I think most people take them to 145 but I like mine to 160 -165 where it hits the stall. Personal preference.
Brian Thanks I did inject with a broadcast needle all around.I think my last ham was cooked to 160 or so.
Richie

Nice Richie . Yup great color on those . I used one of mine to do green beans and new potatoes .
Be watching for the ham .

Nice Richie . Yup great color on those . I used one of mine to do green beans and new potatoes .
Be watching for the ham .
Rich Thank you I know how they smelled when I brought them in,my mouth waters thinking about it LOL. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky