Smoked Papaya, Black Rice, Grilled Bluefish, Grilled Baby Bok Choy, & My Delicious White Burgundy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Saturday Great Smokey Cookies!!!!!!!!

Today's grilled bluefish melted apart on the plate it was so soft - yet with such crunchy and delectable grilled skin - and black rice with chives, smoked papaya (smoked low heat for 15 minutes and just so mapley in flavor and aroma - fantastic stuff), and grilled Shanghai baby Bok Choy too; which made for a very wonderful dinner!

Red sea salt, black pepper and some Greek olive oil were added once plating the meal, and it was really so simple and yet superb!

Paired with crisp, cold, and BONE-DRY White Burgundy from France; I just adored it!

And you? What's everybody smoking, and DRINKING, on this masterful Saturday?

Happy weekend! Do share your sips and tastes and tales!

Cheers! - Leah

Nice meal & great Q view Leah ! That looks so tasty.... I've never had bluefish, maybe someday as it sure looks awesome ! Doing some chicken today with some Barefoot wine, it's the cheap Redneck wine.... :icon_lol:

Have a great smokey & wine filled weekend ! :kewl:

Thanks Justin! Bluefish is good food!!!

And I think that so long as one drinks what THEY like and what likes THEM, then the great wine mystique has been embraced!

Sip and smoke on therefore! And have a very delicious and delightful weekend!!!!!!!! It's great to hear what you're having and feel free to post photos here too as the more who share the merrier!

Cheers! - Leah

Another terrific plate. I love baby bok choy. Sigh I may have to grow some.

See what you've started.

Disco

Great looking plate as usual.Smoked papaya ,paw paw to us ,very clever. Tailor(bluefish) season here.If it would stop raining I would get out in the kayak & chase a few.

I like those little bok choy blanched then hit hard & fast on the griddle plate, pretty versatile greens.

Here sunday night it will be left over ribs,I have a few
biggrin.gif
, blanched then stir fried greens that the Italians call brocco di ra'pe.Got a yellow flower.Garlic,homemade bacon chopped,shallot,fried off then the greens dropped in & stirred.

I am debating whether I open a bottle or not after a 2 bottle effort last night.

If I do it will be a shiraz ,Clare Valley something.

My Sons of Eden GSM  should arrive tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Mick

Was that a strawberry papaya? The reddish tint makes me believe so...

They are SO much better than regular papayas!

As always great presentation!

Beautiful presentation as usual Leah!! I love catching blues and I do believe smoking is the best way to prepare them. First one I ever caught when I was a kid,no one bothered to mention they have TEETH! Grabbed it by the mouth like I always did with bass and CHOMP! He let me know how he felt about being caught.

Thank you Welshrarebit! While this wasn't a strawberry papaya (those are amazing) it really tasted like one, and was so very ripe, deep in color and just MAPLE-esque in every lovely way! A good combo! Thank you tons!!!  You certainly live in the land of quite luscious ingredients! So fun!

And Andrew, what fun stories! Your fishing has been so entertaining and also has yielded such good meals! You are so blessed!

Here's a happy wish to all! Keep sharing your weekend sips and smokes here too, as I love hearing about others (not just ME) and encourage, as the more the merrier with all!

Cheers!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky