Smoked NY Strip Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Several months ago I bought a half NY strip roast on sale for $3.99 lb and froze it. Decided Easter was a great time to thaw it out and give it some love.

Roast was a tad over 6 pounds.
upload_2019-4-23_8-42-42.jpeg

Trimmed some of the hard fat off the top and got it dressed it.

Rubbed down with A1, minced garlic, fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.
upload_2019-4-23_8-44-39.jpeg

upload_2019-4-23_8-45-25.jpeg

Got the smoker fired up. 225 with one row of apple pellets. Didn’t want the smoke to over power the meat.
upload_2019-4-23_8-46-40.jpeg

Getting some smoky goodness
upload_2019-4-23_8-47-39.jpeg

upload_2019-4-23_8-47-52.jpeg

Pulled it from the smoker at 120 and fired up the grill to about 600 for a quick sear all around.
upload_2019-4-23_8-50-8.jpeg

Resting. Put a little tent foil on it for an hour or so.
upload_2019-4-23_8-51-9.jpeg

Money shots
upload_2019-4-23_8-52-30.jpeg

upload_2019-4-23_8-52-56.jpeg

upload_2019-4-23_8-53-8.jpeg

Final IT was about 125. Just how we like our steak around here. This thing was phenomenal. Great smoke flavor. Honestly the texture and taste of the meat was very similar to prime rib. Not bad for $25! Will grab up a couple more and do this again next time they are on sale. Thanks for looking

Beautiful!
Poor Man's Prime Rib

Making me salivate so hard it hurts.
Like!

You sure did a nice job on that . Perfect !

This looks awesome!

That looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Looks Mighty Tasty, Vol-Fan!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Awesome way to treat a piece of meat. Done just the way I like it too.

Warren

Perfection SON!!!

Great job on that roast. NY Strip is one of my favorite beef cuts. The sear looks perfect.
POINT
Gary

Perfectly cooked! Like

That is 1 awesome looking piece of meat !!! Awesome job!:emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap:

SVF, WOW!, That is one good looking hunk of meat! like

Thank you all for the likes and kind words. I am still eating leftovers can’t complain having to eat steak 3 days in a row!

Sorry about being a little late to the game. Time on site has been limited. But boy did you do a nice
job on that strip roast. Way to go.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky