Smoked my First Turkey ( Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

driwash

Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Deltona, Florida
Here is my First smoked Turkey, 12lbs of sweet smoked turkey meat.  I brined it over night and smoked it for 5.5 hours.  The brine was salt, brown suger, garlic, onion and cajun spices.  Wife and mother-law loved it.  Very moist, crisp skin and in side temp was 170 deg. 

I know many of you have done this before, so how does it look?  It sure did taste great.

Tom

Congrats on the carousel Tom,

The bird looks awesome! 
nana2.gif
nana2.gif

Great looking bird and congrats on the carousel...........
Looks-Great.gif

Thanks for all the congrats.  Can' believe my bird made it to the Home Page QView.  I am just a rookie at this, just got lucky. But most of all I have to give the credit to the many of you on this site that have posted how-to's.  Again thanks.

Tom

Wow fantastic looking bird. Did you do anything extra to crisp the skin, or did it just crisp from the fat rendering while being cooked at 240 for 5.5 hours?  Oh man, can't wait to get my smoker modded and up and running. Thanks for sharing.

Wow fantastic looking bird. Did you do anything extra to crisp the skin, or did it just crisp from the fat rendering while being cooked at 240 for 5.5 hours?  Oh man, can't wait to get my smoker modded and up and running. Thanks for sharing.

Chubbabubba,    I just left it in the smoker and no basting.  I was also surprised how nice the skin crisped up.  The meat inside was moist and tender.  Just got lucky.   I did not take a picture of the inside, we started to eat and it was all gone by the time dinner was over.  I will have to do another one with more pictures.  Hope the next one comes out just as good.

Thanks for the post,

Tom

looks great my father in-law loves smoked turkey I am going to smoke him one for his birthday and I was nervous til I saw how great you did on your first one. great job and as Al said congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky