Smoked Macaroni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
I need a recipe for Smoke Macaroni please.

Nothing too spicy please.This will be a side item for my Super Bowl ribs but will also serve the kiddos coming who won’t eat ribs.

And nothing with a crumb texture.

Recipes and picture results appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have a mac & cheese recipe specifically for smoking, but here's one that I will bake or smoke...
- 1 lb. noodles cooked and drained. I use elbows or shells.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 cups milk total including the evaporated milk. I have used half & half.
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1½ lbs. grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese. I'll add in some Parmesan, Romano, and/or Asiago. I've added in smoked Gouda before, too.

Whisk all the milk and eggs together and place in a pot on medium low to heat up. Once warm stir in the cheese to melt and make like a cheese sauce. Melt the stick of butter in an aluminum pan. Add the noodles and pour the milk and cheese sauce over it. Stir it all together and place in oven at 350℉ or on smoker uncovered for about an hour or until bubbly and cheese starts browning. Top with more cheese (you can't have too much cheese:emoji_wink:) and cook until browned to your liking.

I don't use a lot of salt because the cheeses tend to make this salty enough for our tastes.

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
You won't be disappointed with this smoked bacon Mac. Rich and creamy

I use the recipe on the side of the Creamette cavatappi box as a starting point.
I add lots of rendered bacon ends and pieces. Not a fan of breadcrumbs either

You won't be disappointed with this smoked bacon Mac. Rich and creamy
I've used Jake's version but substituted jalapeno juice for hot sauce.
Best ever and a smile of approval from my house !

Keith

Are you gonna do a trial run or just wing it? Alot of good choices here!

Ryan

I don't remember which recipe I tried long ago, I loved the taste of it. Just one issue, quite a bit of hard, uncooked mac on top.
Any clues how I can avoid this. I think the She-Beast would love it, but the un-cooked Mac would push the "never again" button with her.

I don't remember which recipe I tried long ago, I loved the taste of it. Just one issue, quite a bit of hard, uncooked mac on top.
Any clues how I can avoid this. I think the She-Beast would love it, but the un-cooked Mac would push the "never again" button with her.
Stupid question. You precooked the pasta?

I don’t think I’ll do the smoked macaroni again. I was not impressed. Not as good as I had thought it would be in my head. But I will definitely just make some normal homemade shells and velveeta cheese (not the boxed kind) on the stove next time.

In Jeff’s recipe it says to cook it al dente or not all the way. I cooked mine about 8 minutes, ran cold water over it to stop the cooking process. The heat in the smoker did the rest to soften it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky