Smoked Kiełbasa - Grilled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
Made 5 pounds of zwyczajna kiełbasa (regular sausage) this weekend.
Used a boston butt for meat.
Apple chips for smoke.

After smoking, we grilled up a coil for dinner. Pictures below:

After smoking
20210207_170640.jpg

On the grill
20210207_175410.jpg

On the plate
20210207_180443.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looks good to me. Needs some peppers and onions and rice and a plate.

Jbo

Pretty sausage, sir!
I gave up trying to make those "loops" and just do links..
I'm curious about kwyczajna sausage. Sounds like the last names of a couple of guys I went to school with :-)
I've been using the same Kielbasa recipe for a couple of years but always looking for ideas. If you can share the recipe I'm interested. If not, I understand.
That grill shot is killer....

That looks delicious. My Wife would, especially, enjoy it as see likes here Kielbasa Fine Ground. In my house, growing up, Dad only bought Krajana Kielbasa. For myself...I'll eat a well made Kielbasa, How Ever its made!...JJ

Thanks for the likes everyone!

If you can share the recipe I'm interested
Here's the recipe:
I didn't follow the instructions 100%. For example, i did not cook these in water after smoking.
Also, i used a finer grind - in part because my grind plates can't accommodate 12mm. A finer grind is also the household preference.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
Ditto to all of that.

I've made Krakowska. Im pretty sure krajana is a variation of Krakowska with especially large chunks of lean pork? Excellent on sandwiches; maybe that'll be next on my too list.

Last edited:

Here's the recipe:
I didn't follow the instructions 100%. For example, i did not cook these in water after smoking.
Also, i used a finer grind - in part because my grind plates can't accommodate 12mm. A finer grind is also the household preference.

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
Ditto to all of that.

I've made Krakowska. Im pretty sure krajana is a variation of Krakowska with especially large chunks of lean pork? Excellent on sandwiches; maybe that'll be next on my too list.
Looks beautiful! Love the rich color. Here is a recipe for you to try next time you make Polish Sausage. A Polish Kielbasa Recipe That's Both Highly Spiced and Smoked (lets-make-sausage.com) The attached file is the same from the website but with my minor changes in blue. 🍻

Attachments

• 10 Spice Polish Kielbasa Rev1.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: PolishDeli

You are correct Sir. And looking at the Grinding instruction of what you made, they are pretty much the same. Lean Pork thru a 12mm plate, the rest ground finer, 8mm, depending on the size of the chunks of Fat you like or family will tollerate.
One Deli Dad took me too the Kielbasa looked like EVERYTHING went through a 12mm plate! Chunks of lean and big chunks of Fat. The taste was excellent but any Sinew, made it through untouched so the Texture of some bites were unpleasant...JJ

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Sorry about the missing information. When I made the recipe, I followed the posted recipe but used a couple of kielbasa recipes for my timings to reach the suggested IT of 155°. I finally settled on the temp/times in the recipe from Krakow Sausage (Kielbasa Krakowska Krajana) - Taste of Artisan

Dry in smoker around 115°F - 130°F for 20 minutes.
Smoke with a thick smoke for 2 1/2 hours at around 130°F - 140°F My MES didn't want to cleanly "smoke" at the 140°F temp, so I started around 145°/150°F. But followed the times while monitoring the IT.

Bake with a thin smoke at around 167°F - 194°F for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 154°F-158°F. This is where I removed the sausage links and placed them in my air fryer basket in a preheated 155°F air fryer to reach IT and crisp. I checked the links a couple of times to watch the IT. Took about 25 minutes for the total group to finish. Some finished faster.🍻

1612909791254.png

Fresh sausage

[ In the smoker.jpg
In the smoker ready for drying.

1612909412358.png

Smoking at165°F after run up @ 145°F/150°F.

Final Product.jpg
Final product after air fryer.

Last edited:

Here's the recipe:

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj
Ditto to all of that.

Thank you! Excellent thread! It has me thumbing through Rytek Kutas.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky