Smoked Hot Wings and Football

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
South Alabama
Had to get in the spirit and tackle my first smoked chicken wings. Picked up 3 packs the other day, 18 total. Brined them overnight in salt and brown sugar.

This morning rinsed them off and seasoned them with Ploughboys Yardbird BBQ rub and back in fridge for about 5 hours.

Got the smoker ready at 225 with Pecan and Apple. Injected the wings with a mixture of a melted stick of butter, 1/2 cup Frank's wing sauce and a Tbs of brown sugar.

Added a bit more seasoning after the injection and put them in the smoker for 2 hours.

Once they hit 160 I pulled them one tray at a time and put them on the grill for a minute or so on each side to crisp up the skin.

They turned out amazing, my wife really approved which was very important! They were juicy, flavorful and the skin was crispy!

I'll definitely be doing more wings in the future.

Thanks guys, yea I'm glad I put them on the grill for a bit. They got a nice bubbling action and raised the temp just a bit to make them crispy and juicy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky